A unique deck of standard playing cards that feature fun facts, folk lore, historical information and just about anything to do with a BUCKEYE.
These collectible, Limited Edition playing cards feature not only fun “buckeye” facts about the State of Ohio, places to view buckeye trees and buckeye history, but they take a look at the natural side of buckeyes. It’s a great way for folks in other states to find out why Ohioans are called ‘BUCKEYES”. Likewise, it’s a great way for an Ohioan to celebrate its legacy.
Here is some of what you’ll learn in this deck…
– Seven of Hearts – How to plant a buckeye tree?
– King of Clubs – How many species of buckeyes there are in North America?
– Five of Diamonds – Who was the first person called a buckeye, back in 1788?
– Five of Hearts – How to make buckeye candy?
– Ace of Spades – Where the largest Ohio Buckeye tree is in Ohio.
– Ten of Diamonds – When did OSU adopt the “buckeye” as its mascot?
– Queen of Hearts – Who wore buckeye necklaces BEFORE OSU fans?
– King of Diamonds – How in the world did a buckeye get its name?
– Ace of Diamonds – Which president used buckeyes in his presidential campaign?
The card back features original artwork from Debbie Chapman of Chapman Designs.