Celebrate Jesus Christ, the Son of God, with this unique deck of playing cards. An interdenominational deck of cards that takes a look at the birth, life, testimony, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. If you are a Christian, you are going to love this deck of cards. This awesome deck of cards features 54 different 19th Century drawings from Gustave Dore (a 19th century artist) using poetic King James Bible verses on the Life of Jesus. Not only does it make a great collectible, but it is a great way to read a little scripture while playing a few hands of Rummy.
–HIGHLIGHTS OF DECK–
– All text taken from the poetic, Authorized King James Version.
– Features art that celebrates the whole life of Jesus on Earth and Heaven….from His birth and crucifixion on the cross, to the risen Saviour and Judgment Seat of Christ.
– The card back design features a design that displays the many Names of Christ. From Advocate and Bread of Life to Prince of Peace and Word of God.
– The deck is designed as a wonderful form of worship, honoring our Lord Jesus Christ.
– All images of the life of Jesus are either by or based on work by 19th Century artist, Gustave Doré.
– Makes a great Christmas present or gift idea for any season!
– This is Edition 1, Version 1.1, which is our next edtion of our popular 1st edtion that is sold out!
–TEXT FROM SOME OF THE DECK–
– Ace of Clubs – The Wise Men Guided by the Star – “Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea … there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.” Matthew 2:1-2
– Nine of Clubs – Jesus Healing the Lunatic – “And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying, Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatic, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.”
– Seven of Diamonds – Jesus Stilling the Tempest – “And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?”
– Three of Spades – The Darkness at the Crucifixion – “And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.”
– King of Hearts – The Resurrection – “And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.”
French artist Gustave Doré (1832-1883) produced hundreds of awesome Bible story illustrations in his lifetime. These illustrations were used in Bibles of many languages in Nineteenth Century Europe and later in the Americas.
Casino size playing cards with a block-out center make this deck not only great for collecting, but great to play with. Plastic coated. The numbers and index are considered to be “normal” size and are NOT jumbo index.
PLEASE NOTE: This deck is not available to sell or ship outside the United States of America.